Image: Igor Zgrablic
Even sunlight can’t cheer up this examination room.
There’s no denying the spooky atmosphere that pervades this abandoned hospital wing. The examination tables, surgical instruments and mysterious machinery all add to the overall creepiness of the building. It’s the kind of place kids might dare one another to enter – or, for extra thrills, to spend the night alone inside. Yet even in broad daylight there are plenty of sights to send chills down your spine.
- The Crumbling Remains of Tuscany's Creepy Abandoned Mental Asylum
- The Lebanese Village Half Abandoned in the Wake of a Massacre
- The Mysteries and Tragedy of Russia's Bottomless Karst Lake
- Behind the Gates of Chios's Abandoned Leper Colony
- Paradise Lost: The Crumbling English Manor House Where John Milton Once Lived