Environmental Graffiti doesn’t usually cover events about handbags, but this is no ordinary handbag. Apart from being two-bags-in-one, completely sustainable & hand-made using vegetable tanned leather, I have seen the bag from its inception. I have seen the drawings, I have seen the mock-ups and the final product. I have seen the MT Central handbag from conception to creation. Not because I designed it – no – but because the designer, Maria Teresa Vernacchia is my mom.
Before anyone accuses me of a shameless plug, I’d like to affirm that without her, I wouldn’t be around and without me you wouldn’t be reading Environmental Graffiti. So without further ado, here are some quick facts:
- All of the handbags are manufactured ethically in Italy by Andrea Traina and East London by Harry Mattes. The bags preserve techniques dating back to renaissance times.
- The bags are being sold at the quirky, yet awesome green label From Somewhere, where the even tonight is hosted.
- The event is being sponsored by Estethetica, a British Fashion Council initiative, which is co-curated by Orsola De Castro and Filippo Ricci
- The event begins at 6.30 pm and lasts until 8.30pm GMT and there’s free wine.
- The address is 341 Portobello Road, London W10 5SA, UK
Tonight is a special occasion and I wholeheartedly welcome all of you to come along to the launch event if you’re in London (hosted at From Somewhere) to celebrate with me. You’ll have to hurry though, because I’m practically blogging live!