The headlight in question was on the vehicle’s passenger side, and it wasn’t working. So, the deputy took the car to a garage to get the issue looked at, and it was when the mechanic opened up the vehicle that he found something undeniably odd.
Another officer with the MCSO – Deputy Sandra Rogers – spoke to The Dodo about the incident. “The mechanic began replacing the headlight and noticed the wire had been chewed,” she said on June 23, 2017. But what could have done this?
Well, there were a number of potential candidates, and rodents, in particular, have been known to get into vehicles and damage wiring. Whatever the cause was, though, the problem needed to be fixed, and so the mechanic got to work – as a result of which he found something even more unusual.