A Teenage Rugby Player Was Dared To Swallow A Slug – And It Tragically Left Him Paralyzed

ADVERTISEMENT

Image: Alexas_Fotos / YouTube/Fox News

Sam Ballard and his friends were sitting around a table drinking one night when someone challenged the rugby player to a dare. They wanted the teen to swallow a slug, but when he did, it left him paralyzed.

Image: via news.com.au

Ballard comes from Sydney, Australia. In 2010 he was an athletic 19-year-old and passionate rugby player. It was no doubt for these reasons that Sam’s mom Katie believed that the strapping teenager was “invincible.”

ADVERTISEMENT
Image: Karl Loftus

However, little did the proud mom know that a little dare would end up changing the course of her son’s life. On one occasion that year, Sam and his friends had been enjoying themselves with a glass of wine. That’s when someone pulled out a slug and dared Sam to eat it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT