At ten years old, Owen Mahan had already overcome a number of difficulties. After a life-changing scalding accident as an infant, the boy was left with severe burns and eventually lost both of his legs. His awful ordeal meant that he was different to the other kids in his life. However, in 2017 he finally found a friend who could understand.
There’s no denying that Owen Mahan is a very special little boy. By the time he was a toddler, the child had endured more than most of us will in a lifetime. However, despite his troubles, he has still managed to remain as upbeat as ever.
When Owen was two, he was living in Lawrence, Kansas, with his biological mom. It was then, one horrible day in 2009, that the little boy had the accident that would alter his life forever. After his mother and her boyfriend had filled a bath full of very hot water, apparently to clean a fish tank, Owen somehow fell into the tub.