This Is The Alarming Reason Why Leaving Bottled Water In Your Car Can Be A Deadly Mistake

ADVERTISEMENT

Image: Bibica/Getty Images

During the summer, it’s incredibly important to stay hydrated – particularly if you’re out in the sun for a while. And, handily, there are a variety of options out there by which to achieve this – through sipping from a public fountain, for instance, or taking swigs from plastic water bottles. But those wanting to boost their water intake should take heed of Dioni Amuchastegui’s worrying experience.

Image: Facebook/Idaho Power

On a hot day in Boise, Idaho, in July 2017, Amuchastegui was taking a well-earned break from his job. After glancing quickly at his truck, though, the power company worker happened to notice something quite troubling. According to Amuchastegui, smoke was starting to billow inside the vehicle.

ADVERTISEMENT
Image: Facebook/Idaho Power

Naturally, then, Amuchastegui investigated the issue, after which he realized that the smoke was emanating from one of the truck’s front seats. When the technician finally discovered the cause of the problem, however, it left him somewhat shocked.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT