In 2015 A Mom Took Her Daughter To ER After She’d Eaten A Banana Infected With The Fungus Nigrospora

Image: via WafflesAtNoon

Lissa Melin’s daughter had begun to feel unwell immediately after taking a bite of her banana. Baffled as to what was going on, Melin then inspected the piece of fruit more closely. And as she was horrified by what she saw inside the banana’s skin, the concerned mom proceeded to put her daughter in the car and drive her straight to the hospital.

Originally, though, the banana had been bought during what may have appeared at the time as just a regular shopping trip. In July 2015 Melin had visited her local branch of the British grocery store Morrisons and picked up a few things for herself and her family.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT