Bob Lutz is the product development chief and Vice Chairman at General Motors.
Mr. Lutz recently called ‘global warming…a “total crock of sh*t,”‘ but then went on to claim that ‘his views had no bearing on GM’s commitment to build environmentally friendly vehicles.’ Apparently not realizing that people are not complete idiots, Mr. Putz went on to say that those who care about the climate crisis should be focussing on “what this company is doing that is … hugely beneficial to the causes they so enthusiastically claim to support.”
Well, Mr. Lutz/Putz, let’s take a brief look at GM’s record, shall we?
- When California recently attempted to impose fuel economy improvements on GM and Ford, they sued to block them.
- GM lost a record and rather staggering $38,700,000,000 last year, largely because it has been focussing on building cars that not enough people want. At the same time, Toyota and Honda have been doing quite well, thank you very much.
- GM: Designer and builder of the civilian Hummer.
- GM, Ford, and Chrysler have blocked every attempt at raising the U.S. and Canadian fuel economy standards for decades now – to the point that China has much higher standards.
- The Big Three automakers in Canada have been the beneficiaries of $1,000,000,000 in corporate welfare in recent years, all-the-while laying off 100,000 workers.
So, Mr. Lutz, judging by your company’s actions you are a bad manager, your products are far behind the times, and the only reason your company continues to exist is favourable government laws and corporate welfare. And none of this even begins to touch upon the fact that climate change is backed up by solid science and reputable scientists, whereas the “crock of shit” crowd rely upon quacks and professional liars paid by, among others, your company.
Mr. Lutz, you are a putz.
Brian Gordon is a Canadian Green Party member and candidate trained by Al Gore to present An Inconvenient Truth.