Image: Daniel Stoupin
We pass by rivers, creeks and lakes all the time – and sometimes swim in them – but we rarely notice what is swimming with us. Microscopic life teems in the freshwater our planet contains. Rarely has this better been shown than in the work of photographer Daniel Stoupin, who’s shared some of his amazing images of tiny water-dwelling organisms with us – while explaining some of the techniques he uses to photograph them.
- The Alien Landscapes of Human Eyes in Macro
- The Strange Lunar Beauty of the Algerian Sahara
- 20 Freakish Creatures from the Depths of Russia's White Sea
- From Monstrous Tyrant to Preacher Man: The Confessions of General Butt Naked
- Animal Sacrifice and Spiritual Possession: Unmasking West African Voodoo