Image: Woody Welch
The Milky Way is clearly visible above Big Bend National Park in Texas.
Looking up into the night and seeing a sky full of twinkling stars is something we all take for granted – in rural locations, at least. The problem is that nowadays, streetlights, neon signs and the brightly lit buildings of towns and cities have made seeing much more than a handful of stars a luxury. That’s where Dark Sky Parks like Texas’ Big Bend National Park come in.
- 15 Spectacular Laser Shows Lighting Up Skylines Across the Globe
- 7 Most Extreme Laboratories on Earth
- NASA's Mission To Repurpose The Most Powerful Rocket Engines Ever Launched
- Inferno Ahead: Disquieting Scenes from the Blue Mountains Bushfires
- Fish Out of Water: When Aquariums Become Amazingly Lifelike Landscapes